Before you start cleaning:
- To prevent scratches, refrain from using objects like knives or steel wool.
- Only begin cleaning once the hob is completely cool. Otherwise, cleaning agents can leave burnt stains.
- Always remove dirt straight away. The older and more stubborn the dirt is, the harder it is to remove.
- Dirt like grease stains can be cleaned more easily with warm water instead of cold water.
- Water stains can easily be polished away with a clean microfibre cloth.
Tip 1 - Clean with washing-up liquid
Washing-up liquid not only leaves your crockery sparkling clean, but also your hob.
- Put a little washing-up liquid on the hob.
- Spread the liquid on the hob using the soft side of a sponge.
- Wipe off with water and then polish with a clean, dry cloth.
Tip 2 - Clean the hob with dishwasher tabs
Dishwasher tabs do wonders for removing encrusted dirt, stubborn stains and burnt-on marks on your hob.
- Crush a dishwasher tab in a bowl.
- Add warm water and mix into a thick paste.
- Apply the thick paste to the stained areas and allow it to take effect for a whole day.
- Dampen occasionally with water.
- After leaving to take effect, remove the paste with a cloth, wipe with a damp cloth or soft sponge and then rub dry.
Tip 3 - Remove scratches with toothpaste
- Clean the glass ceramic hob.
- Apply toothpaste to a clean cloth.
- Gently rub the cloth over the scratches. Warning: Do not rub too firmly!
- Remove any residue with a damp cloth and polish with a dry cloth.
- Polish again as needed.
Tip 4 - Clean with vinegar and bicarbonate of soda
- Mix two tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda with a little water and vinegar into a paste.
- Spread the paste onto the hob using a cleaning cloth.
- Allow to take effect for five minutes.
- Then clean with a sponge and polish with a dry cloth.
Tip 5 - Citric acid is ideal against limescale
- Halve a lemon and remove the pips.
- Gently treat the affected areas with the exposed side of the lemon.
- Allow the lemon juice to take effect for a few minutes.
- Then wipe the hob with clean water and polish dry with a cloth.